1. Moved back to US: I left US in 2013 to pursue MBA from IIMA with a strong sense to come back and settle down in US for few good years. I am fortunate to move back to States in early 2016 with a much better role and job opportunity.
2. Isha gifted Kiaan to me: This is the best thing that happened in my life for which the year 2016 will always be memorable. My baby boy – Kiaan – arrived in my life on 28th of May 2016 and promoted me to fatherhood. I feel blessed.
3. Visited India to have Kiaan receive blessings from his great grandparents: I am so grateful to see my grandparents play with my son and shower their eternal blessings on him. I am immensely thankful to God for this.
4. Completed my 2016 writing goal: I feel accomplished to write 24 blog posts and 2 short stories (6000 words each) in year 2016.
5. Completed (to a good extent) my 2016 exercise and healthy diet goal: Though I missed my weight loss with few kilograms (that too because I went to India for a month and as you must know mom’s food and dieting don’t coexist), but I am satisfied with my dedication and my results. I ran 3 days a week and followed a strict low-carb-high-protein diet straight for 4 months. I lost 7 kilograms (my target was 11).
New Year is all about new hopes. To start new innings. To make new promises. To shape our lives better than before. And to believe in the possibilities unlimited.
As 2016 dawn upon us, with new hopes and firm beliefs, I promise to myself.
Exercise: My biggest goal in 2016 to shed extra fat and get into a leaner body. I promise to myself to do running, cross-fit exercise and yoga on alternate days, five days a week.
Healthy diet: I promise to myself to say a big NO to all the junk I eat like chocolates, cheese, nachos, beer, etc. But for all practical reasons I am going to keep one cheat day a week to fully surrender myself to my taste buds. This actually works – I tried this for 40 days in 2015 and I lost 6 kg. Read about my experience here.
Reading: I read 10 books in 2015. I promise to myself to read 15 books in 2016.
Writing: I wrote 2 short stories (2500 words each) in 2015 as a part of Write India contest campaigned by TOI. I promise to myself to write two blogs every month in 2016.
Family: I promise to myself to spend more time than I did last year with my family and friends, and make more beautiful & everlasting memories with them.
Consulting/Product Management: I promise to myself to master consulting/product management skills in 2016.
Wish you all a very Wonderful and Promising New Year 2016!!!